Whatever you want your Long Island wedding venue to be- a fabulous lakeside venue, a chapel ceremony, panoramic water views, fabulous gardens with waterfalls, or amazing sunsets- our diverse Long Island wedding venue has you covered! Here at Windows on the Lake it’s all about location. Our catering hall is the only catering hall on Long Island located on the shores of Lake Ronkonkoma- Long Island’s largest lake! Our location offers our couples the opportunity to get married right on the shores of a gorgeous freshwater lake at our outdoor wedding spot, or, inside in our beautiful grand ballroom overlooking a panoramic waterfront view! Our venue not only has the perfect lakeside spot for those stunning sunset wedding photos, we also have a lush garden and a waterfall for more photo opportunities! In addition, our venue is in central Long Island, right off the Long Island Expressway and up the block from the Long Island Railroad. Our convenient and beautiful location is the ultimate wedding destination for any engaged couple! We also guarantee every couple that gets married at our Long Island wedding venue that they will have full access to our facility. This means that we only cater to ONE wedding at a time, ensuring our brides and grooms that they will get all the attention they deserve on their wedding day! Here at Windows on the Lake, we want to make all of your wedding dreams a reality!
Congratulations on your engagement! We are so happy you have meet your special someone. Now comes the fun part, the wedding planning! Women have been dreaming of this special day ever since they were little girls, no matter what their background or culture. They have some sort of mental image of what their wedding will be like and now it is time to make those thoughts a reality. A good first step is to find the perfect Long Island wedding venue to cater your big day. Call us and book a tour at windows on the lake and let us make your event a reality.
First, why a Long Island catering hall you might ask? There are many reasons! Long Island is known for its beautiful waters and beaches. But what happens if your wedding is on a beach and right as your ceremony is about to take place the skies open up and it begins to pour. Uh-Oh! At our beautiful Long Island waterfront catering hall you can have the best of both worlds. You can have the waterfront ceremony that you always wanted with the comfort of knowing that our venue will have a backup plan ready to go just incase mother nature is not cooperating on your big day.
This is still the biggest day of your lives and it will be beautiful no matter what. Furthermore, having your ceremony and reception at the same location can save you time, money and headaches. Not only will you save money on limo services for you and your bridal party, you will also save yourself from the panic of making sure everyone gets from the ceremony to the reception on time without getting lost. Another main reason to consider having your wedding at Windows on the Lake is because we are one of the best long island catering halls, it’s what we do. We are here to cater to your wedding, and only your wedding. We only cater to one wedding at a time at our L.I. waterfront wedding venue. It’s all about you and your special day. It is our job to make sure everything goes just right book your special event at www.windowsonthelakes.com
Do you think planning your wedding has to be stressful and overwhelming? At our Long Island wedding venue, we have experienced wedding coordinators who will walk you through every step of the planning process. They will work with you, side by side, and hand in hand on everything from invitations to cuisine. At Windows on the Lake you will have your wedding visions brought to life. Our in-house entertainment will have your guests up and dancing all night on our beautifully redone dance floor. Our expert chefs are some of the best around. They will prepare delicious food for your big day, and present them in style. Special requests, whether they be dietary, cultural, or a religious custom are not a problem here a Windows on the Lake. Our chefs specialize in international cuisine and it is our highest priority to accommodate special religious customs and menus such as Glatt Kosher, with full strict supervision and Halal foods. We will do what it takes to accommodate your needs for this very important day in your life windows on the lake is here to cater your every need. For more information log on to www.windowsonthelake.com
Do you know the benefits of choosing a Long Island Banquet Hall?
You got engaged! Congratulations. Now it’s time to plan your Long Island Wedding Reception. After you decide on the date and size of your party, you’re probably ready to make a list of possible wedding locations. If you want to have a successful wedding, I recommend you book it at a Long Island banquet hall.
One of the many benefits of booking a Long Island catering hall is that it can provide a good time no matter what the weather. A wedding on the beach sounds like a lot of fun until it starts pouring. Catering halls have weather contingency plans because they know that rain or shine- this is still the most important day of you lives. Windows On The Lake, a premier Long Island banquet hall, offers a lakeside chapel, and an outdoor cocktail hour- but if unwanted clouds cover the sky and rain starts falling there are 2 beautiful indoor reception areas available to brides.
Another benefit of having your Long Island Wedding at a banquet hall is that it can be budget-friendly. If you choose to have your ceremony on-site you can save yourself from having to pay another site-fee or a limo to take you from the ceremony to the reception.
Last but not least, they know what they are doing. Catering to you is their job. Windows On The Lake caters to only one bride at a time- meaning the day is all about you. They make their living going above and beyond what you expect- and have been doing so for over 30 years.
There are many benefits of holding your Long Island Wedding at a banquet hall. Check out our blog posts to see other reasons Windows On The Lake can provide you with the perfect wedding.
Having a party to commemorate a teenage girl’s path to early adulthood is called her Sweet Sixteen. In many locations a very formal party is thrown to welcome the teenager into the next step to maturity.
Turning sixteen is an essential part of a girls growing up. Many consider it just behind her wedding. So, planning a Sweet Sixteen party is something that should be taken seriously. This is not just another birthday, this is a very important step for the young teen.
Mothers should put together their To Do list. Depending on how extravagant you want the party to be, you’ll want to plan far enough in advance in order to be ready for the party. Let’s make that To Do list so we know what to plan.
- When is it?– You don’t necessarily have to have the party on the teenager’s exact birthday. Usually within a week of the actual day should be fine. It would be a good idea though to think about what holidays are around the same time. You don’t want to be competing with other holidays. It might affect attendance.
- Choose the Venue– One of the most difficult things on this list might just be choosing a place to have this party. Things to consider are, budget, and of course how many people you’ll be inviting. Depending on the time of year, you can have this party at a park, your backyard, or even in a rec center. Keep in mind though, if you are in the wedding off season, there are many Long Island Wedding Venue’s that will be available for your choosing. And since this is the off season, generally Wedding Venue’s on Long Island won’t charge as much as they would for a wedding. This gives you the option to have a very elegant and extravagant Sweet Sixteen party.
- Who’s Coming?– Some teens don’t like the spotlight as much as others. Therefore maybe they’ll want a very small intimate party. They may want only their closest of friends and family there. Others might want to invite the world to their party!! A few months out, have the teenager write down her guest list so you’ll know who she is wanting to invite. That way you’ll know how many of your own friends you’ll be able to bring to the party. Make sure to take a good look at the list so you know how huge this party is going to be, or how potentially empty it may be as well. Do your best to regulate the amount of people coming. An extreme on either side could cause the party to be too much, or a dud.
- Save The Date- Since you’ve done all this planning ahead, most likely the party isn’t for a few more months. That’s great! Because of this, you’ll be able to send out some Save the Date cards to your guests. This is similar to any Long Island Wedding. Once you get those out, you’ll be sure that guests will mark that date down for the Sweet Sixteen party, and won’t plan for anything else. You may want to make your save the date card a magnet so they can stick it right on their refrigerator. That way they’ll always look at it, and will be sure to make the event.
Invitations- Similar to scheduling a Wedding on Long Island, your Long Island Sweet Sixteen party is going to need some invitations to be sent out. So once you’ve found your venue, the date you want to have the party, and have your guest list in order, it’s time to send out the Sweet Sixteen invitations. Make sure you ask your guests to RSVP. We want to make your Sweet Sixteen planning smooth and successful. So if you follow these initial steps, you’ll be on your way to a great party.
DIY Stenciled Soaps – Something Turquoise
If you’re using graphics or artwork on your invitations, these soaps are a great way to give your guests a matching reminder to take home. As an added bonus for the eco-friendly brides among us, you can opt for environmentally friendly materials instead of the ones suggested here with great long island wedding photographer.
Personalized Chocolates – Intimate Weddings
Share something sweet with your guests with these personalized chocolates. Use the printable template and step-by-step instructions to walk you through creating a one-of-a-kind favor that everyone will love. All you need for this is chocolate, a printer, and non-toxic glue.
Mason Jar Candles – Evermine
The personalization possibilities are endless with this one. Choose your own candle scents and colors. For the ultra frugal, recycle old, unscented remnants by melting them into a new candle. For further personalization, try combing thrift stores for decorative teacups or scour the beach for seashells instead of mason jars to hold the wax. Finish them off by wrapping them in cellophane and adding a personal tag.
Keepsake Sand Bottles – Living Well, Spending Less
Planning a beach wedding? Why not give your guests a piece of the beach to take home? Dress the neck of the bottles with sisal rope, seashells, and a tag for an extra touch of beach.
Pocket Tissue Covers – The Inspired Wren
Here’s a great one for the sewing savvy. We all know weddings get a little emotional at times, so these adorable, fabric pocket tissue covers keep your guests prepared. Choose fabrics that match your wedding colors — or better, use the same material for
Like this? Share it on Facebook. Prefer to Pin? Repin all the items here after the jump.
It’s that time of year again! Time to get out there and make your appearance at all those holiday parties going on. Of course, those can be a lot of fun, but haven’t you always wanted to throw your own holiday party? Maybe you’re nervous because you’ve never hosted a party around the holidays. Well, there is nothing to worry about. Just follow these tips, and you’ll have a great holiday party. So great that your friends will hope this becomes an annual event.
Where and when are you having it? Before you plan anything else, figuring out where and when you are having your party should be the first items on your list. Once you know when the party is, then you can nail down where it is. You can figure out how many guests you can invite, how much you’ll need to decorate, and of course, the amount of food and drinks you’ll need to provide. But make sure if you are not having the party at your house, you should book the venue of your choice right away so no one else gets it before you. Many people will try to book bars or restaurants, but there are other venues to choose from that might be nicer, and a more enjoyable than a restaurant. For one, you don’t want to have to share a venue with other parties. Be sure you look to some of the best banquet halls in Long Island. Many of them will have great rates, and they’ll be a quality venue you’ll have to yourself. Be sure to also check out some Long Island wedding venues. The holidays are generally the off season for wedding venues, so you’ll be able to find a great place, at a great price. Especially if you book your party on a Friday evening.
Get those invites out!- If you are having the type of party where you want people to RSVP, be sure to get those invites out right away. The sooner you get a head count, the better prepared you’ll be when purchasing food and drinks. If you’re needing RSVP’s, you’ll still want to get invites out as soon as you can because there are a lot of parties this time of year, and you want to make sure people save that night for your party.
Food- Some of these Long Island wedding venues will offer catering, and if you are planning an elegant night with a sit down dinner, then you should really check into these banquet hall catering plans. Even if you are just going to have a party with finger foods and appetizers, check with your venue. There is a good chance they’ll have a package that will offer that, and if so, it’s one less thing to worry about.
Activities?- Now that you have your venue and food situated, you want to make sure to decide if you’re going to have games, dancing, gift exchange, or any other activities at your party. There are a lot of fun holiday party games you can play, but if your friends are not the type of people who enjoy party games, a simple gift exchange can be fun. For the most entertainment, be sure there is a price limit. Something in the range of $15-$20. Or maybe even have a gift exchange from things they found at a dollar or thrift store. This encourages creativity from guests, which will lead to a lot of laughs and great memories from your party.
Music- Music can really make or break a party. Of course, you’ll want to have a playlist with holiday themed music. But don’t be afraid to add some contemporary music as well. Everyone enjoys a holiday tune, but after a couple hours they’ll be ready to dance to music they hear throughout the year.
Hosting a holiday party can be stressful, but if you do it right, it will be simple, yet fun. Follow these simple guidelines and you’ll be sure to have a party your friends will want to attend for years.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, the time has come for us to show gratitude to many of our family and friends. Soon many will be gathered together around a table whether it be at their homes or a relatives. Or possible you’ll be joining celebrating Thanksgiving with us at Windows on the Lake. As you give gratitude to all those around you, we want to offer our gratitude to you. We here at Windows on the Lake are thankful to you.
We know that you have a variety of options when it comes to choosing a Long Island wedding venue. And the fact that you have chosen us has been greatly appreciated. Allowing us to host your wedding, whether it be the ceremony, or the ceremony and the reception is something that we have continue to enjoy year after year. We know this is a special day for you, and we hope all of you know that do all we can to make it the perfect event. It’s because of you, and your business that we have become one of the best wedding venues in Long Island. It’s because of you, that when people look for catering halls, or banquet halls in Long Island, they look to us with more frequency than ever before.
We hope that you will continue to look to us for all of your wedding venue, or banquet hall needs. We have been blessed to be a part of your lives, whether you have celebrated a sweet 16 with us, or your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or even your daughter’s Quinceanera. We understand that these are monumental moments in the lives of your family, and we are grateful to have been a part of them, and look forward to celebrating many more occasions with you!
Once again, we thank you for your business, for allowing to share just a little slice of life with you. Of all the Long Island wedding venues you have to choose from, we are extremely thankful you continue to choose us. If you are planning an event, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We would be happy to help plan your next big event. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
In case anyone out there forgot, or missed it in the first place, we here at Windows on the Lake wanted to be sure to remind you of the great Thanksgiving event we have planned. We are hosting a Thanksgiving Dinner at our venue! Come join us for care free Thanksgiving dinner.
If you are not planning on travelling for Thanksgiving, or even if you’re planning to have too many guests at your home this year, skip the hard work preparing an entire meal for just you and a few people. Let us prepare you the perfect Thanksgiving Feast. Let this be the year you relax and have someone wait on you for once. Perhaps you’re not a great cook, and you still want to treat your visitors to a quality meal. Have Thanksgiving dinner with us. Only
for adults and $
for children 3-12 years old (Kids under 2 are free!). You’ll have everything you want at Thanksgiving. Of course we’ll have a deliciously prepared Turkey, and we’ll have all the sides you could want! We’ll have everything from, stuffing, to mashed potatoes, to veggies, to yams, and much much more! Of course we have a dessert table featuring our traditional pumpkin pies, as well as a sundae bar, and many other desserts to finish off your meal in just the right way. Of course we have a cash bar and bottles of wine available, as well as unlimited soft drinks, coffee, and tea. You’ll be able to go home, and to your clean kitchen, content and satisfied.
Not only will you enjoy a fantastic dinner, but you’ll be able to have your Thanksgiving in a beautiful setting. With beautiful lake views, and one of the best banquet halls in Long Island, Windows on the Lake is the perfect location to enjoy an elegant setting, yet still have a feeling of warmth and family that comes with the holidays. We’ve hosted everything from weddings to corporate parties and everything inbetween. We know how to put just the right touches on a holiday such as Thanksgiving.
Call us now, or fill out the form on the link below to make a reservation. Reservations begin at 1:00 PM and continue every half hour until 5:30 PM. Come join us at Windows on the Lake for Thanksgiving. You’ll love the experience, and we’ll love to treat you to one of the best Thanksgiving meals you’ll ever have.
So you have somehow been assigned to plan your company’s next conference. While this can be great way for you to shine in front of the big wigs, I’m sure you are stressed beyond belief. Especially if you have never done any event planning in the past. Have no fear. You’re not the first one to be in this situation. Many have thrived, and yet many have failed when given a hefty assignment such as this. But if you stay organized, plan ahead, don’t freak out there is a little snag, you’ll be on your way to planning a great function. Here are some guidelines to help you plan the perfect corporate event.
- Understanding the particulars- I’m sure you’re thinking to yourself, “I need to find a venue for this conference!” But before you do that, you need to know the particulars of your event. So before you book a location, and hire the keynote speaker, figure out the details. Such as…
- When is the conference taking place? Hopefully you’ll be allowed to choose from a few different dates. That way you’ll be able to compare costs, and what venues are available.
- Conference Hours It really does matter what time the conference starts, and when it’s over. That way you’ll need to know if you have to provide breakfast or dinner.
- Attendance Usually for these types of events people will just ballpark the number of people attending. But for you, because you want to put on the best conference ever, you’ll want to get specific. The better you are a pinning down who is actually coming, the better you can make this event.
- What type of Venue? Now that you have figured out some particulars, you can pin down a venue for the conference. Most of the time people look for hotels, because they have various ballrooms that can be rented out. There are many great companies out there that can do that and get you there. But what many first time event planners don’t know, is there are many other options to consider. First of all banquet halls. Some of the best banquet halls in Long Island, make the perfect location for a conference. And you might get a great deal, because most people don’t consider banquet halls in Long Island for their conferences. The same thing goes for Long Island wedding venues. I mean, who would think a wedding venue would be a good location for a conference. Well, take Windows on the Lake for example. They have all that is needed for the perfect work conference.
- They have multiple rooms if you want to have any type of breakout sessions. There are gardens, and lake views to give the perfect outdoor lecture. There is on site catering, which one less thing to worry about on your checklist. Exploring outside of the hotel ballroom idea, might impress all those in your company when you book a venue with views, and gardens, and you’re the only ones using a great new york seo company. Another thing about wedding venues to consider is, most weddings are on weekends. Chances are, your conference will be midweek. So you will be sure to have freedom to book the place you want.
- Budget No one likes to work with a tight budget, but chances are that’s what you’ll be given. So it’s time to get creative. You’ve looked to the best banquet halls in Long Island, and Long Island wedding venues, so you know that there are places to have the perfect conference, at a reasonable price. You’ll be able to look like you spent over the budget by thousands of dollars, and yet, you may just walk away with some extra money to use elsewhere.
- Lodging If you have a conference where people are coming from out of state/town, you’ll need to figure out lodging. Clearly, you can work out a deal with a hotel when you are using one of their ballrooms for your conference. But again, if you have been put on a budget, and are looking for an alternative to the generic hotel room ballroom conference, you may see that many Long Island wedding venues have lodging nearby. And many of these hotels will have shuttles that will take you from the lobby to the venue you have chosen.
Planning a major event like this can be difficult. But if you take the time to follow these guidelines, you’ll have a conference that no one will forget. It will give your bosses a reason to think of you when the next promotion comes around! Another thing to consider when looking at banquet halls and wedding venues, is they know event planning. They plan huge weddings and other celebrations all the time. If you book there, I imagine many of their employees will know how to help you when it comes to putting on a conference like this. They know all the best vendors around, and can really help you stay on budget. So when you plan your big conference, make sure to seek out the best banquet halls on Long Island, or even some of the Long Island wedding venues. Or just come here to Windows on the Lake. We’ll take great care of you!
Celebrating an anniversary is a monumental event. Not only is it a commemoration of the couple’s lasting commitment to one another, but it’s also a special time to look back on the good memories they and their family have had. This is a great time to get family and friends together to celebrate this special day.
Depending on how long the couple has been married, some couples will prefer a small celebration just with immediate family. But if it’s a landmark year, it would be great to invite extended family, and friends and have a grand party to honor the committed couple.
While getting plans together it’s best to put together a list. The sooner you put a list together, the more organized you will be. Thinking of all there is to do can be overwhelming, but if you itemize everything accordingly, then you’ll have the time to do everything, which will keep you from any anxiety attacks.
You should have lists for two months before the party, and a final checklist a couple weeks before the party.
Two Months Before:
What date is the party? If the actual anniversary is during the week, it’s still better to hold the party on a weekend. That way all who desire to be there, can attend.
Where are you having the party? If you are having a small celebration then maybe a restaurant, or even someone’s home will suffice. But if you are having a larger celebration there are a number of locations to choose from. Many will look to the best banquet halls in Long Island, but depending on when the party is, you may be able to pin down one of the best Long Island wedding venues during the wedding offseason.
Who’s invited? Think about who the special couple would like to have at their event, and get those invites sent out. The sooner you get the RSVP’s back the better.
Set your budget. Deciding on what you want or are able to spend on the big day. If you set a budget, then assign things to some of the immediate family, you can have a great anniversary party without having everything coming from your pocket.
What’s everyone going to eat? Decide if you would prefer to serve the food yourself or would you like to have the party catered. Some Long Island wedding venues have on-site catering. If you are having a large party it would be a huge stress relief to have the event catered.
Two Week Checklist
Decor. Because this is a anniversary party, the decor you set up can be very simple. I would suggest thinking of the couple and centering the decorations around them. Maybe some pictures from when they were younger, including their wedding picture. You could hang a “Happy Anniversary” banner where people are walking in.
Music It is important to decide if you want a live band, or a DJ. Either way, you’ll want to book them about a month before the party. If you know it’s busy time for weddings, you may want to even book them earlier. If you are in the middle of wedding season, you might not want to compete with those high prices and just put a playlist together on your iPod. It would be easier to rent a PA, and play the music yourself. But if you are in the wedding offseason, it will be really special to have professionals in charge of the music.
Speeches You can invite those who will be giving speeches a couple weeks before the party, so they don’t stress for months on what to say. A couple weeks is enough time to think about and decide what to say. You might want to invite the couple’s oldest child, or one of their siblings, or a best friend to give a speech. Make sure they are people who are comfortable with public speaking, and make sure they won’t drink to much before they speak. You should also invite the couple to say a few words. Everyone will want to hear from them. Just inform them what time of the evening they’ll be speaking.
With these simple checklists, you’ll be able to plan an excellent anniversary party. Seeking out the best banquet halls in Long Island, could be a great solution to any issues involving food, or space. Remember, this is a special event, so make sure you and the celebrated couple have a great time.