Planning an Anniversary PartyNovember 6, 2014
Thanksgiving at Windows on the LakeNovember 21, 2014
So you have somehow been assigned to plan your company’s next conference. While this can be great way for you to shine in front of the big wigs, I’m sure you are stressed beyond belief. Especially if you have never done any event planning in the past. Have no fear. You’re not the first one to be in this situation. Many have thrived, and yet many have failed when given a hefty assignment such as this. But if you stay organized, plan ahead, don’t freak out there is a little snag, you’ll be on your way to planning a great function. Here are some guidelines to help you plan the perfect corporate event.
- Understanding the particulars- I’m sure you’re thinking to yourself, “I need to find a venue for this conference!” But before you do that, you need to know the particulars of your event. So before you book a location, and hire the keynote speaker, figure out the details. Such as…
- When is the conference taking place? Hopefully you’ll be allowed to choose from a few different dates. That way you’ll be able to compare costs, and what venues are available.
- Conference Hours It really does matter what time the conference starts, and when it’s over. That way you’ll need to know if you have to provide breakfast or dinner.
- Attendance Usually for these types of events people will just ballpark the number of people attending. But for you, because you want to put on the best conference ever, you’ll want to get specific. The better you are a pinning down who is actually coming, the better you can make this event.
- What type of Venue? Now that you have figured out some particulars, you can pin down a venue for the conference. Most of the time people look for hotels, because they have various ballrooms that can be rented out. There are many great companies out there that can do that and get you there. But what many first time event planners don’t know, is there are many other options to consider. First of all banquet halls. Some of the best banquet halls in Long Island, make the perfect location for a conference. And you might get a great deal, because most people don’t consider banquet halls in Long Island for their conferences. The same thing goes for Long Island wedding venues. I mean, who would think a wedding venue would be a good location for a conference. Well, take Windows on the Lake for example. They have all that is needed for the perfect work conference.
- They have multiple rooms if you want to have any type of breakout sessions. There are gardens, and lake views to give the perfect outdoor lecture. There is on site catering, which one less thing to worry about on your checklist. Exploring outside of the hotel ballroom idea, might impress all those in your company when you book a venue with views, and gardens, and you’re the only ones using a great new york seo company. Another thing about wedding venues to consider is, most weddings are on weekends. Chances are, your conference will be midweek. So you will be sure to have freedom to book the place you want.
- Budget No one likes to work with a tight budget, but chances are that’s what you’ll be given. So it’s time to get creative. You’ve looked to the best banquet halls in Long Island, and Long Island wedding venues, so you know that there are places to have the perfect conference, at a reasonable price. You’ll be able to look like you spent over the budget by thousands of dollars, and yet, you may just walk away with some extra money to use elsewhere.
- Lodging If you have a conference where people are coming from out of state/town, you’ll need to figure out lodging. Clearly, you can work out a deal with a hotel when you are using one of their ballrooms for your conference. But again, if you have been put on a budget, and are looking for an alternative to the generic hotel room ballroom conference, you may see that many Long Island wedding venues have lodging nearby. And many of these hotels will have shuttles that will take you from the lobby to the venue you have chosen.
Planning a major event like this can be difficult. But if you take the time to follow these guidelines, you’ll have a conference that no one will forget. It will give your bosses a reason to think of you when the next promotion comes around! Another thing to consider when looking at banquet halls and wedding venues, is they know event planning. They plan huge weddings and other celebrations all the time. If you book there, I imagine many of their employees will know how to help you when it comes to putting on a conference like this. They know all the best vendors around, and can really help you stay on budget. So when you plan your big conference, make sure to seek out the best banquet halls on Long Island, or even some of the Long Island wedding venues. Or just come here to Windows on the Lake. We’ll take great care of you!